Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lynn, Peterson honored as valedictorian, salutorian

By Brad Devereaux

The top academic students at Rocky Mountain High School both said they are honored to receive awards for valedictorian and salutatorian in an interview this week.

Valedictorian SheraLee Lynn and salutatorian Kyle Peterson were recently announced at the March Big Horn County School District One board meeting. 

Lynn, the daughter of Ron and Jolene Lynn, said she has wanted to be at the top of her class since elementary school. She said her parents provided some motivation, but it was mostly her personal drive to do the best she could in school that brought her perfect grades throughout her high school career. She graduated with a 4.0 GPA.

“School has been something I have been able to excel in,” she said. “I knew if I tried my hardest it would benefit me for the rest of my life.”

Peterson, the son of Ray and Cresta Peterson, said his parents pushed him to do well in school along with a personal motivation.

“It’s just the aspiration to do well in life and provide for myself and my family down the road,” he said. “I’m glad I did well.”

*Read the full story in this week's Chronicle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment